Wednesday 30 March 2016

Spotlight Barcelona

After spending all Easter in Barcelona city, there is no doubt in my mind that Barcelona is one of the coolest cities in the world.
I'm going to dedicate the next few posts to the Catalan capital itself after a glorious week in the sun. Before visiting any city I really recommend learning some of the lingo, just the basics. Having some knowledge of the language will help you get on well with the locals and make finding your way around alot easier.
Hello   hola (ah-la)
Good morning   bon dia (bon dee-ah)
Good afternoon   bona tarda (bona tarr-dah)
Good night   bona nit (bona neet)
Goodbye  adéu (ah le ooo)
Please   sisplau (ses plow)
Thank you   gràcies/merci
Thank you very much   moltes gràcies
Excuse me   perdoni (pear-dough-knee)
I'm sorry   ho sento (ooo sen-too)
Beer cervesa (sir vess sah)
Toilet   els serveis (el sir vays)
Where is….    On és… (on ess tah...whatever)
I don't understand   no ho entenc (no on teng)
How are you(formal)?   com està (come ess sta)
Fine thanks, you?   Bé gràcies, I tu? (beh gra-see-as)
Yes no   sí no (sea no)
Do you speak English(formal)?   Parla anglès (parla un-gless)
My hovercraft is full of eels   el meu aerolliscador està ple d’anguiles


No comments:

Post a Comment