Saturday 23 January 2016

Epic Tea Time


RIP Alan Rickman and David Bowie.

Currently studying super hard for my upcoming neurology exam, burying my head in the books and ignoring those tempting invites for a drink or extra training session. So while my consumption of tea and highlighter pen use is going up, my social life is suffering. This latest study from PLOS medicine shows that being unsociable makes you 50% more likely to die earlier yikes, I really should get out more then.

I also discovered today that you can most definitely study AND exercise. Learning is actually improved by light exercise immediately before revising or reading, as long as the exercise was kept light. See link to blog post below from NY times (2013) for a good breakdown. Going to try wedge my copy of Harrison's internal medicine on the exercise bike handles.



Link to the study

(original article posted on 1/15/2016,  I moved site today)

No comments:

Post a Comment